23 July 2008

Why being young rocks

I bought my Eurail pass last night. They say it's on its way to me, and they also say that I get a present when I come home from my trip. I like companies that give me presents for using their service. Mostly I just like presents. :)

Anyway, I got a lovely 35% knocked off the ticket price for being under the age of 26. Of course, I have to travel second class, but that never hurt anyone (except maybe the people on the Titanic, but that certainly wasn't limited to second class). OK, bad example, sorry.

Why you should always check all the prices before buying: since I planned to travel in five countries within two weeks, I looked at the Select Pass (limits travel to 3, 4, or 5 countries with a set number of travel days). To travel 15 days in five countries would cost me $725. However, with the Global Pass (access to 20 countries with a set number of travel days), travel for 15 days in as many countries as I want only cost me $519. If I were all grown up, this same pass would cost me a grand total of $795. That's still a lot of money!! Scary.

Woohoo! I can go to Liechtenstein if I want to! Yes, the tiny beige country between Switzerland and Austria.


Question: if I wander into Liechtenstein, does it count as an invasion?

No comments: