07 July 2008

Intro

When I was wee, my parents read a lot of books to my siblings and me. One of the many books just happened to be Dr. Seuss' Oh, the Places You'll Go! It was my favorite, although I'm not sure they knew that at the time. I blame this travel addiction of mine entirely on my parents and our perpetual trips to the library: they taught us to think bigger than the little town in which we were raised. Now I have this crazy thirst to see and do everything I possibly can, because, as Helen Keller once said: "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."

Thus far I've been to 46 of the states (excepting Alaska, Kentucky, Maryland and Delaware), Canada, and New Zealand. Next month I'll be in western Europe. You heard it here first. :)

This is my place to write about life, adventure, and the world at large as I experience it. This is for everyone who may never see these places themselves, for everyone who comes behind me, and just those wanting to be entertained. Enjoy.


Why, then the world's mine oyster,
Which I with a sword will open.
-Merry Wives of Windsor II. ii. 2

No comments: