01 August 2008

A Lesson in Packing Light

I'm admittedly terrible at packing. If I'm told to "pack light," I usually end up with four pairs of shoes for a weekend. This is preparedness, not to be confused with high-maintenance.

And now I find myself stuffing nearly four weeks of stuff into my hiking backpack as I prepare for a month of crazy adventures. Ha. Hahahahaha.

It isn't pretty. I have no idea what I'm doing, so I clutch my passport and map every ten seconds to make sure I still have them, and hope for the best. I'm not taking my laptop because that would be just too awkward, but I might be able to check in now and then anyway. We've got a booking in Zermatt, Switzerland (near the Matterhorn) on Monday night, and I hear they have internet. =)

Flight out: tomorrow, PDX, 8.45 am. Oh yay. Here's hoping I get to sit next to a cute boy and not someone who snores for the 11-hour flight.

No comments: